Categories: News

Trump says he will “find ways” to keep TikTok available in the US

Mike Walz, nominated for the position of national security adviser in the Donald Trump administration, said that the president-elect “will find a way” to keep the TikTok application, which is facing a ban, available in the US in the near future.

This is reported by The Hill, writes “European Truth”.

On Wednesday, Walz said that Donald Trump, after officially taking office, plans to take measures to ensure that the controversial application continues to be available in USA.

Shortly before his on-air comments, The Washington Post reported that Trump was considering various options for this, including a presidential order.

The bipartisan law, signed by President Biden in April, requires TikTok to disassociate itself from its Chinese owner, ByteDance, under threat of a U.S. ban as early as Sunday.

The Supreme Court heard oral arguments on the issue last week, and it appears the justices will agree with the government’s argument that the platform’s ties to China pose a national security threat.

“If the Supreme Court rules in favor of the law, President Trump has made it clear (about his intentions. – Ed.)… First, TikTok is a great platform that many Americans use and that has helped his campaign get the word out. But second, he will protect their data,” – said Volz.

“There are people who don't want the American government to have access to all their data and passwords. And we certainly don't want the Chinese government to see all their data and passwords… Trump – a man who knows how to negotiate. I don't want to talk ahead of our orders, but we're going to create the conditions for reaching an agreement. We'll find a way to keep it available but protect our people's data,” – he shared.

Donald Trump recently said he sees no reason to abandon the TikTok platform, boasting about its reach.

Media outlets have learned that China is allegedly considering selling the TikTok app to American billionaire Elon Musk as one way to avoid a ban on the platform in the United States.

Natasha Kumar

Natasha Kumar has been a reporter on the news desk since 2018. Before that she wrote about young adolescence and family dynamics for Styles and was the legal affairs correspondent for the Metro desk. Before joining The Times Hub, Natasha Kumar worked as a staff writer at the Village Voice and a freelancer for Newsday, The Wall Street Journal, GQ and Mirabella. To get in touch, contact me through my natasha@thetimeshub.in 1-800-268-7116

Share
Published by
Natasha Kumar

Recent Posts

Confession before Easter. What sins you have to confess from

For many believers, the upcoming Easter period is a time of spiritual reflection and internal…

50 minutes ago

Taken from life. “My husband decided to take children from the first marriage to us”: he wants us to be a great family

When we met, I knew he had a past. < img src = "https://zycie.news/crrops/34ab40/620x0/1/0/2025/04/03/gkeh0e9fzobeww6fub9xgqqsmplguakyzufzmi.jpg" alt…

50 minutes ago

French developers presented an innovative machine gun sight Ironsnake equipped with a thermal imaging

< IMG SRC = "/Uploads/Blogs/82/35/IB-FRFATHKB1_999EA2A6B.jpg" Alt = "French developers presented an innovative machine gun sight…

2 hours ago

Ukrainian weapons have created a new UAV that destroys armored vehicles and resistant to the Reb

< IMG SRC = "/Uploads/Blogs/05/Be/IB-FRFAU2KT7_E25B845D.jpg" Alt = "Ukrainian Weapons created a new UAV that destroys…

2 hours ago

The new bug of the IOS 18.4 operating system “revived” removed applications – what is known

< IMG SRC = "/Uploads/Blogs/E1/9b/IB-FRF6NI12I_7C6FC931.jpg" Alt = "New Bag iOS 18.4 & quot; quot; quote…

2 hours ago

Khmelnitsky's resident lost 32 thousand hryvnias buying auto parts online

< img src = "/uploads/blogs/8a/51/IB-FRFB6B51I_C1718c68.jpeg" Alt = "Man lost 32 thousand hryvnias, buying auto parts…

2 hours ago