Thu. May 23rd, 2024

Toyota believes in a bright future for diesel cars

Natasha Kumar By Natasha Kumar Apr4,2024

The Toyota company believes to a bright future for diesel cars

Volvo launched its latest diesel car at the end of March, but Toyota has a different take on the technology. The Japanese company is sure that this type of machine has a great future ahead, and to talk about their "event" it's still too early.

During an interview with the Australian magazine Drive, Toyota's head of local sales and marketing, Sean Henley, said that diesel remains a very reliable fuel source, especially for large vehicles, such as trucks and large SUVs. At the same time, he is sure that diesel engines need to adapt to stricter emission standards.

The commitment of the Japanese company to diesel cars was the recent release of the Toyota Hilux Hybrid 48V hybrid pickup truck with a 2.8-liter four-cylinder turbodiesel engine. The representative of Toyota also does not reject the possibility of creating an internal combustion engine on synthetic diesel fuel. At the same time, the automaker does not abandon internal combustion engines, but adapts them to work with hydrogen. In particular, a few months ago, the chairman of the board of Toyota, Akio Toyoda, announced the development of a new generation of internal combustion engines.

The head of Toyota is sure that the share of pure electric cars will never exceed 30% of the entire market, and the remaining 70% of cars will continue to be equipped with engines internal combustion engines running on gasoline and diesel fuel.

Natasha Kumar

By Natasha Kumar

Natasha Kumar has been a reporter on the news desk since 2018. Before that she wrote about young adolescence and family dynamics for Styles and was the legal affairs correspondent for the Metro desk. Before joining The Times Hub, Natasha Kumar worked as a staff writer at the Village Voice and a freelancer for Newsday, The Wall Street Journal, GQ and Mirabella. To get in touch, contact me through my natasha@thetimeshub.in 1-800-268-7116

Related Post