Helps Fight Insomnia, Migraines and Depression
Psychology / Wellness section editor
Massage is beneficial for the human body for many reasons. Massage can be general, sports, wellness, modeling and anti-cellulite, hand, foot, head massage … Today we will talk about the benefits of the latter. Doctor dermatologist-trichologist Natalya Savenkova on Instagram told about the benefits of scalp massage, why it is needed and who is contraindicated.
Head massage: what is it for and for what purpose is it performed?
Like any other massage, this procedure is designed to:
- To activate local blood circulation. Under the influence of massage, the capillaries and blood vessels in the skin expand sharply, an active supply of oxygen and nutrients to nearby tissues begins.
- Stimulate lymphatic drainage. Swelling goes away, the elimination of harmful substances from the body is accelerated.
- Use biologically active points (most of them are on the palms, feet and on the head). This has an indirect effect on the entire body, contributing to the healing and stimulation of the immune system.
- Relax spasmodic muscles. This, in turn, also contributes to the activation of blood circulation, since it releases the pinched capillaries.
- Normalize the work of the sebaceous glands. This helps to improve blood flow.
Head massage – how to do it right
Head massage: what is its benefit
- By activating blood circulation, the access of oxygen and nutrients to the follicles from the inside increases. Curls “come to life”, become more elastic and elastic.
- Hair loss, which occurs due to poor blood supply to the follicles, is reduced.
- Over time, hair loss due to brittleness also decreases, since the hair is better nourished from the inside and lubricated with natural fat from the outside, as a result, it becomes more hydrated.
- Hair growth is accelerated.
- Dry seborrhea disappears.
Head massage: indications
- Dry scalp
- Hair thinning (except for severe baldness). Dull coarse hair
- Split ends
- High fatigue, constant sleepiness, a state in which even prolonged sleep does not give a feeling of rest
- Low pressure
- Meteorological headaches
Head massage: contraindications
- damage to the epidermis in the scalp;
- fungal diseases;
Except for visible damage, there are not many contraindications:
- Oncological diseases.
- Hypertonic disease.
Do facial massagers really work – watch the video:
In the meantime, we have figured out how to get rid of bags under the eyes – important tips.
Subscribe to our telegram
Only the most important and interesting
Subscribe Read Segodnya.ua in Google News