WHO: about 10% of the world's population could already be infected with COVID-19

WHO: about 10% of the world's population could already be infected with COVID-19

WHO: about 10% of the world's population could already be infected with COVID-19

GENEVA (Reuters) – About 10% of the world's population may already be infected with COVID-19, with the remaining 90% at risk, the World Health Organization said Monday.

Mike Ryan, head of the WHO emergency program, told the Executive Board that coronavirus outbreaks are intensifying in parts of Southeast Asia, and infections and deaths are on the rise in parts of Europe and the eastern Mediterranean region.

“We are now entering a difficult period. The disease continues to spread,” Ryan said.

According to him, WHO has submitted to the Chinese authorities a list of experts to participate in an international mission to China to investigate the origin of the coronavirus.

(Stephanie Nebehay. Translated by Anna Rzhevkina. Editor Marina Bobrova)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *