KRGV FILE PHOTO
In a information launch U.S. Rep. Filemon Vela, D-Brownsville introduced that $4.3 million in grant funding has been awarded to a number of airports situated in Texas’ thirty fourth congressional district by the U.S. Division of Transportation Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), on Friday.
The next airports have obtained funds for COVID-19 aid:
• Valley Worldwide Airport: $2,833,427
• The Brownsville South Padre Island Worldwide Airport: $1,524,594
• Port Isabel-Cameron County Airport: $13,000
• Weslaco Mid-Valley Airport: $13,000
• Beeville Municipal Airport: $9,000
• Kenedy Regional Airport: $9,000
• Kleberg County Airport: $9,000
In response to the information launch the FAA funds are a part of the Coronavirus Response and Reduction Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSA).
“For practically a yr, airports have suffered substantial income losses as a result of ongoing COVID-19 pandemic,” Vela stated in a press launch. “It is crucial that they obtain this a lot wanted help to ease the monetary burden they’ve endured.”
Vela stated the funds might be used to offer sources wanted for vacationers to have protected and sanitary journey experiences.