Hollywood actor Tom Cruise in his 60s is now at the top of his popularity. One of his most successful films is Top Gun: Maverick, the successful sequel to “Top Gun” 1986. Tom Cruise is one of those stars who performs all or most of the dangerous stunts on his own, which is why Cruise knows how to pilot supersonic planes and helicopters.
The ProShoKino editors have collected the TOP 10 dangerous stunts that the actor has done himself.
1. Jump off a cliff in Mission: Impossible 2.
Cruz climbed a cliff without special equipment, and then jumped a 15-foot precipice.
< h2>2. The “Knife in the Eye” stunt in Mission: Impossible 2
We think everyone remembers another stunt from this movie: Tom Cruise was nearly stabbed in the eyeball . The sharper actor, of course, did not hurt, but it stopped from the eye much closer than the director wanted.
3. Descending from the skyscraper in Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol.
Tom Cruise descended from the 130th floor of the Burj Khalifa using suction cup gloves.
4. He wore an exoskeleton in the movie Edge of Tomorrow.
The actor tried on and wore a metal suit weighing about 40 kg. The details were later added with CGI, but the back didn't really say thank you.
5. Hung on a plane in Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation.
Cruz hung on the body of an Airbus A400M flying at 100 knots at 1,000 feet. He did it within 6-8 minutes from the plane.
6. The zero gravity trick in The Mummy. In the crash scene of The Mummy.
Tom Cruise did 64 takes in zero gravity to make the stunt look authentic, rejecting the director's suggestion to use graphics.
7 . Dangling from a helicopter in Mission: Impossible – Fallout.
Cruz trained for a month to perform this scene, and did it without giving a damn about the danger.
8. Jumping off a building in Mission: Impossible – Fallout.
Another deadly stunt he performed in Aftermath was jumping from one building to another. As a result, he broke his ankle.
9. Stunt in the cockpit in the movie “Top Gun 2: Maverick” (Top Gun: Maverick).
Cockpit scene in the sequel, Top Gun really was as dangerous as it seemed in the movie. And the actor did it alone. The man is really doing these life-threatening stunts for fun.
10. Jumping on a motorcycle in Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One.
In the upcoming movie of the franchise, Dead Reckoning, Tom Cruise will perform one of the most deadly stunts. The actor will ride a motorcycle off-road and jump into the abyss with a parachute.
Top Gun: Maverick was Tom Cruise's biggest box office hit, as ProShoKino reported.