The threat of an attack by Belarus is increasing, – the mayor of Zhytomyr

The threat of an attack by Belarus is increasing, – the mayor of Zhytomyr

The threat of attack from Belarus is increasing, – mayor of Zhitomir

Illustrative photo from open sources

Belarus is more likely to attack Ukraine. This was stated by the mayor of Zhytomyr Sergei Sukhomlin, reports "Suspіlne".

"There is an attempt to draw the Belarusian army into the war directly from the territory of Belarus. Therefore, if a few weeks ago I said that the likelihood of an attack by the Belarusian army on Ukraine is low, now the situation is changing very much. We will look, but we will definitely be ready for this,” – he said.

In addition, earlier Sukhomlin urged the townspeople on June 27 to be careful and not ignore the alarms.

< p> He said that the day before he had received information from official sources that the occupiers could launch a missile attack on one of the military facilities and on Zhytomyr itself. The mayor of the city added that before the missile attack on June 24, he received similar information.

“Thank God, today the information was not confirmed and everything was quiet. But it may also be that the reaction of the world to Kremenchug influenced this, as a result of which the Russian Federation pushed back those plans that were, – he said.

As previously reported by BAGNET, Belarus has concentrated about 6 battalions of its army near Ukraine.

Prepared by: Sergey Daga