Selected people will access 100% forgivable educational loans, finance academic programs at a technical, professional, technological or university level
The Ministry of National Education opens a call for scholarships for victims of the armed conflict in Colombia Photo via: icfes.gov.co
As of November 15, the Call for the Reparation Fund for Access, Permanence and Graduation in Higher Education for the Population Victims of the Armed Conflict in Colombia, corresponding to the first semester of 2023 will be open .
“Through this Call, the Ministry of National Education contributes to the comprehensive reparation of the victims of the armed conflict and the construction of territorial peace with a differential approach, seeking to benefit high school graduates from PDET municipalities and promoting women's access to programs related to science, engineering, technology and mathematics”, they indicated from the Education portfolio.
In compliance with this objective, The Fund has more than $26 billion pesos to award at least 400 forgivable loansaimed at this population of special constitutional protection, indicated from the Ministry of Education.
The people selected in the call will have access to a forgivable loan to cover the costs of tuition (up to 11 current legal monthly minimum wages) each semester, a support resource of 1.5 SMMLV per semester and a permanence resource of 1 SMMLV addressed to HEIs so that they develop differential permanence programs.
Those who apply to the call may do so for any academic semester of a professional, technological or university level program as of the first semester of 2023.
Registration is open through the link: https://web.icetex.gov.co/es/-/poblacion-victima-del-conflicto-armado-en-colombia
<b>To apply, the following requirements must be met:</b>
– Be a Colombian citizen.
– Not be a beneficiary, nor have been a beneficiary of ICETEX's 100% forgivable lines of credit. Not have a current ICETEX line of credit, nor be in arrears with ICETEX.
– Not have a university level degree.
– Being included in the Single Registry of Victims -RUV- or recognized as such in the Judgments of Justice and Peace, Land Restitution, Special Jurisdiction for Peace or in those of the Inter-American Court of Human Rights.
– The identity document with which the applicant is identified at the time of registering in the call must match the one registered in the RUV. For this purpose, it is the applicant's responsibility to update their registration data, in accordance with the provisions of Law 1448 of 2011.
– Being admitted or in the process of admission to a Higher Education Institution, recognized by the Ministry of National Education or be studying an undergraduate semester at a Higher Education Institution recognized by the Ministry of National Education in Colombia.
– Have submitted the Saber 11 test or the equivalent state test.
– Be a bachelor
– Have your own email.
– Register through the ICETEX website, on the dates and under the conditions established for this purpose.