Manchester United are looking for the Premier League runner-up. Although the progression is evident in recent months, there is still a wide margin between the Red Devils and the current leaders of the competition, Manchester City, who are 14 points ahead. For next season, the Old Trafford team want to reduce that distance and the Mirror He has made a list of the players in the squad on whom a decision must be made this summer: to sell or to keep.
– David De Gea | The Spanish goalkeeper has three consecutive games as a substitute for Dean Henderson and his salary, to be on the bench, is too high to maintain. In addition, the youth of the English youth squad (24 years old) plays in his favor after having progressed on loan in recent seasons.
– Diogo Dalot | He went on loan to AC Milan to find consistency and he has found it. The arrival of Wan Bissaka blocked his progression and he has acknowledged that he would not mind leaving Old Trafford for good.
– Eric Bailly | Defense is a position where Manchester United is going to step up and Bailly, 26, has been hit hard by injuries since joining Manchester United. Although he has performed well every time he has been able to play, there are doubts about his physical condition.
– Phil Jones | His last match with the club dates from January 2020 in the FA Cup. Since then he has been injured. Any proposal in English will be well received.
– Brandon Williams | He has not started in any game this season and has only played the garbage minutes. With his youth (20 years), he can come out on loan.
– Andreas Pereira | Last year he was a full member of the first team but did not earn the place. This season, at Lazio he has had regularity, although his high salary will prevent him from finding a permanent accommodation. Another assignment awaits you on the horizon.
– Paul pogba | He is entering his final year of contract and, unlike most of the players on this list, Pogba is a player the club would like to keep. However, Raiola already warned that his future was far from Manchester United.
– Jesse Lingard | His assignment at West Ham has been a success and he has already scored six goals in eight games. Although he is entering the last year of his contract, at least they will be able to ask for a good amount of money when no one was giving anything for his future in the Red Devils.
– Juan Mata | He has only been able to play 12 games this season, most of them from the bench, but recently it has been published that Old Trafford will offer him a one-year renewal.
– Tahith Chong | He started the season on loan at Werder Bremen and is ending it at Bruges. A year after his contract expires, the irruptions of Amad Diallo and Shola Shoretire push Chong to seek his future outside of Manchester United.
– Edinson Cavani | The Uruguayan signed for a season and it will be easy to say goodbye in the event that his services are not available. He has not dialed since the beginning of October and his family is not quite adapted to the UK.