Testing of the first unmanned tram will begin in Moscow

Testing of the first unmanned tram will begin in Moscow

Testing of the first unmanned tram will begin in Moscow

Moscow authorities will begin testing the first unmanned tram, said the Deputy Mayor of Moscow for Transport Maxim Liksutov. “On behalf of the mayor of Moscow, we continue to support new technologies, and soon the Moscow government together with Yandex (MCX: YNDX) will begin testing the first unmanned tram. In the future, electric transport can be launched around the city,” Liksutov told reporters.

“We believe that the future belongs to unmanned urban transport. Such a car can be used almost round the clock, seven days a week and strictly adhere to the set schedule and routes. All these positive effects are important for us,” the deputy mayor added. He noted that almost a hundred unmanned vehicles are already moving along Moscow roads, in total they have covered almost 5 million kilometers.

“Drones will help both reduce congestion and improve road safety. They will eliminate the human factor while driving, which will prevent more than 70% of accidents – this is exactly the fault of drivers. The remaining 30% of accidents are provoked by other external factors,” Liksutov said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *