The names of the finalists for the Prix des libraires du Québec this year are now known. Among them, we retain in particular Makeup by Daphné B., Bermuda by Claire Legendre and Darkness by Paul Kawczak.
The Association des libraires du Québec (ALQ) thus unveiled on Wednesday the 24 works claiming the Prizes for 2021. They were initially about fifty in the running.
These are divided into six categories: Comic strip (Quebec and outside Quebec), Essay, Poetry and Roman-Nouvelles-Récit (Quebec and outside Quebec).
The winners will be announced on May 13 during a virtual ceremony. Quebec booksellers can now vote electronically for each category.
During this gala, the ALQ Award of Excellence will also be awarded to a bookstore to “highlight their exceptional work”.
In the meantime, the ALQ will share on its social networks video capsules. Mariana Mazza, Charlotte Aubin, Isabelle Massé, Vincent Léonard and Pénélope McQuade will get advice on the books that are finalists for the Prix des libraires.
Remember that from February 8, bookstores are authorized by the government to reopen their doors. They had had to stop welcoming the public since December 24 because of the pandemic.
The 2021 Booksellers’ Prize finalists
- Bermuda by Claire Legendre (Lemeac)
- The future by Catherine Leroux (Alto)
- Where I hide by Caroline Dawson (Bustle)
- Little Ashes or the capture by Marie-Claire Blais (Boreal)
- Darkness by Paul Kawczak (The People)
ROMAN-NEWS-STORY, OUTSIDE QUÉBEC
- Betty by Tiffany McDaniel (Gallmeister)
- Capsize by Lola Lafon (South Acts)
- Girl, woman, other by Bernardine Evaristo (World)
- There are men who will always get lost by Rebecca Lighieri (POL)
- The anomaly by Hervé Le Tellier (Gallimard)
COMIC STRIP, QUEBEC
- Aliss by Patrick Senécal and Jeik Dion (Alire and Front Froid)
- The bomb by Laurent-Frédéric Bollée, Alcante and Denis Rodier (Glénat)
- You destroyed the beauty of the world by Isabelle Perreault, André Cellard, Patrice Corriveau and Christian Quesnel (Marrow Graphics)
COMIC STRIP, OUTSIDE QUEBEC
- Carbon & Silicon by Mathieu Bablet (Ankama)
- Clyde Fans by Seth (Delcourt)
- The hunting accident by David L. Carlson and Landis Blair (Sonatine)
- The hundred-colored woman by Lorrie Jean-Louis (Inkwell memory)
- The weather by Christian Girard (Cravan’s Goose)
- While Perceval was falling by Tania Langlais (The Red Herbs)
- Sestrales by Andréane Frenette-Vallières (The Noroît)
- Bunch of Settlers – A Bad Class Conscience by Alain Deneault (LUX)
- Makeup by Daphné B. (Leaf merchant)
- Losing the South – Decolonizing international solidarity by Maïka Sondarjee (Ecosociety)
- Minutes by Valérie Lefebvre-Faucher (Ecosociety)