Belgian Wout Van Aert achieved his second victory in this Tour de France this Saturday, by winning the sprint uphill in Lausanne, next to the headquarters of the International Olympic Committee.
The Jumbo rider was the fastest on the downhill finish, where he overtook Australian Michael Matthews and Slovenian Tadej Pogacar, who added four bonus points and secured his yellow jersey as leader.
After three second places in the first three stages, Van Aert won in Calais in a pure “sprint” and wore the yellow jersey for several days. The day was marked by a breakaway by three men, Mattia Cattaneo, Frederik Frison and Fred Wright, who was the last survivor of the breakout.
Daniel Felipe Martínez, the best Colombian in the 2022 Tour de France Video: punch that received by Thibaut Pinot after crashing in the Tour de France Classification of stage 8
1. Wout van Aert 4h 13min 6s
2. Michael Matthews m.t.
3. Tadej Pogacar m.t.
4. Andreas Kron m.t.
5. Alberto Bettiol m.t.15. Nairo Quintana – mt
24. Daniel Martinez – mt
29. Rigoberto Uran at 11 s
1. Tadej Pogacar 28h 56min 16s
2. Jonas Vingegaard at 39 s
3. Geraint Thomas at 1 min 14 sec
4. Adam Yates at 1 min 22 sec
5. David Gaudu at 1 min 35 sec
6. Romain Bardet at 1 min 36 sec
7. Thomas Pidcock at 1 min 39 sec
8. Neilson Powless at 1 min 41 sec
9. Enric Mas at 1 min 47 s10. Daniel Felipe Martínez at 1 min 59 sec
11. Nairo Quintana at 2 min 10 s