Russian banks may increase loans to individuals by 0.2%, legal entities – 0.4%

Российские банки в мае нарастили кредиты физлицам на 0,2%, юрлицам - на 0,4%

Russian banks in may was able to show positive dynamics in retail lending, showing an increase of 0.2% vs. a decline of 0.7% in April, said the head of the Central Bank Elvira Nabiullina during an online press conference.

According to preliminary data of the Central Bank, corporate lending from 25 to 31 may grew 0.3%, which provided the overall increase in may of 0.4%.

The retail loan portfolio from 25 to 31 may increased by 0.5%, cutting the decline recorded in the first half of the month. In the end, overall for may loans to natural persons grew by 0.2% against the 0.7% drop in April.

Deposits of natural persons from 25 to 31 may rose 0.2%, but overall for the month fell slightly.

Share Button
Previous Article
Next Article