Fri. Feb 23rd, 2024

Agreement between Prince Harry and the Daily Mirror

Open in full screen mode

Prince Harry's lawsuit against the Mirror Group, which publishes the “Daily Mirror” among others, is one of the campaigns he has launched against several British media outlets. (File photo)

Associated Press

Prince Harry reached an out-of-court settlement with an editor at theDaily Mirror, who violated his privacy by hacking into his phone and illegally searching it, Harry's lawyer said Friday.

Lawyer David Sherborne said Mirror Group Newspapers had agreed to pay Harry's legal costs and would make an interim payment of 400,000 pounds (C$678,278).

Harry was awarded 140,000 pounds (C$237,397) in damages in December after the judge found that phone hacking was widespread and habitual at Mirror Group newspapers in the 1990s, and that newspaper executives l& #x27;had concealed.

Judge Timothy Fancourt concluded that Harry's phone had been hacked to a modest extent.

Harry's case against the Mirror Group, which publishes the Daily Mirrorand two other tabloids, is one of several campaigns he has launched against the British media, which he accuses of ruining his life and harassing his late mother , Princess Diana, and her wife Meghan.

LoadingA debt of $21,000 for giving birth without health insurance in Quebec

ELSE ON INFO: A debt of $21,000 to give birth without health insurance in Quebec

In June, he became the first high-ranking member of the royal family to testify in court in more than a century during the trial of his case against the Mirror.

Harry, also known as the Duke of Sussex, x27;was not present in court for Friday's decision. He traveled to London from his home in California earlier this week to visit his father, King Charles III, who was diagnosed with cancer. Harry returned to the United States 24 hours later.

By admin

Related Post