Pierre-Yves Lord takes over from Véronique Cloutier at the animation of Gémeaux
Félix Renaud The host announced at the beginning of the month that he would stop hosting the public affairs magazine “Deux hommes en or”, on Télé-Québec, at the end of the current season.
Pierre-Yves Lord will take over from Véronique Cloutier at the helm of the 38th Gémeaux Awards on September 17, the public broadcaster announced on Friday.
“A brilliant and versatile presenter who knows how to shine in the most diverse contexts, Pierre-Yves Lord has conquered audiences on all the major networks here throughout his career. He is a natural choice to succeed Véronique Cloutier, who has served this gala so well over the years,” Radio-Canada Television Director General Dany Meloul said in a statement.
“I'm already in the mood for the party,” said the principal. For an enthusiast of the profession and a lover of festive gatherings, this is an irresistible offer. I want a party funky, a great communion that will highlight the excellence of the artists and craftsmen of our small screen. My joy will be immense to bring this to life for viewers. I'm already counting the sleeps!
For her part, the president of the board of directors of the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television (Quebec section), Caroline Gaudette, said she was “delighted to be able to count on the talent and the exceptional dynamism of Pierre-Yves Lord”. She also took the opportunity to thank Véronique Cloutier's “dedication”.
Earlier this week, we learned that the popular 48-year-old host would not take over the reins of the Gala. Since 2008, she has been at the helm of nine editions of the Gémeaux Awards Gala, including those of the past four years. According to Radio-Canada, Véronique Cloutier wanted to focus on her other current projects, including the music competition Zénith, or Les Fantastiques, at Rouge FM. She will also play in the next season of the series L'oeil du cyclone.
For his part, host Pierre-Yves Lord announced at the beginning of the month that he would stop hosting the public affairs magazine Deux hommes en or, on Télé-Québec at the end of the current season.
He joined the broadcast alongside journalist Patrick Lagacé in 2017, replacing Jean-Philippe Wauthier. Rosalie Bonenfant joined the duo in 2021. We learned last week that it is finally Jean-Philippe Wauthier who will take Lord's place, and who will thus regain his seat left six years ago.