Preparation: 5 min | Cooking: 25 min
- 1 C. tablespoon olive oil
- 3 dried garlic cloves
- 2 dried pecorino peppers
- 1 C. salt
- 1 can of 796 ml (28 fl oz) Italian tomatoes
- 500 g (1 lb) penne rigate
- Some basil leaves
- Heat olive oil over high heat in a pan. When hot, reduce heat to medium and add chili and garlic.
- When the garlic is golden, add the tomatoes. Mash the tomatoes in the bottom of the pan, set the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 min. When the sauce has reduced, add the salt.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for the recommended cooking time, depending on whether it is dry or fresh pasta. Drain well and mix with the sauce. Serve in a hot bowl and garnish with basil leaves.