Fri. Apr 12th, 2024

From the residences of P.  Diddy raided

Open in full screen mode

Sean “P. Diddy” Combs is the subject of several accusations of a sexual nature. (Archive photo)

Agence France-Presse

Residences belonging to American rapper Sean Combs, aka “P. Diddy”, were raided by federal agents in the United States on Monday, according to a source familiar with the matter, as the hip-hop star is at the center of prosecution for rape and sexual assault.

Armed police officers entered the rap star's luxury properties on both the West Coast and the East Coast of the United States. United.

The investigation office of the Department of Homeland Security in New York announced in a press release that it had carried out actions alongside branches in Los Angeles and Miami, as well as local law enforcement.

A source close to the matter confirmed to AFP that Sean Combs was the target of these searches.

Several Los Angeles media outlets had previously identified a raided residence in an affluent area of ​​the city as being associated with the rapper and producer.

Open in full screen mode< p class="StyledImageCaptionLegend-sc-57496c44-2 sbxsP">P. Diddy's properties in Loa Angeles and Miami were raided on Monday.

And celebrity media TMZ said it had obtained images of ;a search of a waterfront property in Miami, Florida, also associated with P. Diddy.

Investigators did not immediately indicate the reasons for these searches, which occur at a time when the rapper is in the midst of legal turmoil, facing several complaints related to facts some dating back several decades.

In mid-November, Diddy's former partner, R&B singer Cassie, was the first to file a civil complaint for rape and physical violence against the rapper. Two days later, the two stars announced an amicable agreement, the details of which were not disclosed.

Open in full screen mode

P. Diddy and Cassie, during a gala evening in New York, in 2018.

The singer accused the rap star of having engaged in violent behavior and deviant demands for more than a decade. She explained that she had been beaten repeatedly and forced to have filmed sex with male prostitutes.

LoadingPutin blames “radical Islamists” for the attack, but points to Ukraine

ELSEWHERE ON INFO: Putin blames “radical Islamists” for attack, but points to UkraineLoadingPutin blames “radical Islamists” for the attack, but points to Ukraine

ELSE ON NEWS: Putin blames “radical Islamists” for the attack, but points to Ukraine

Since then, two other women have filed complaints, including one openly, accusing him of drugging and sexually assaulting her in 1992, when the rapper was called Puff Daddy. p>

This complainant assures that he had filmed the scene and broadcast the video as revenge porn, a practice aimed at publicly revealing generally non-consensual sexual images to take revenge on a person.

In December, the rapper was also the target of a civil complaint in New York accusing him of gang rape of a 17-year-old minor in 2003.

In this case, Diddy is suspected of having forced the teenager to drink and of having drugged her before forcing her to have sex, in the company of the president of his production house Bad Boy Records, Harve Pierre, and a third individual.

Douglas Wigdor, a lawyer who represents two of the women accusing Sean Combs, told AFP on Monday that he hopes this will be the start of a process that will hold Mr. Combs accountable for his depraved conduct.

The 54-year-old rapper vigorously denies the accusations against him.

P. Diddy founded the record company Bad Boy Records in 1993, a decade of glory for this major figure in the marketing and media coverage of the hip-hop scene. With this production house, he notably produced Notorious B.I.G., who died in 1997, and Mary J. Blige.

The rapper rose to the rank of billionaire by investing beyond music in fashion and alcoholic beverages. According to the complaints against him, he used his celebrity and his status to intimidate and subjugate women.

By admin

Related Post