complaint The ex-president filed a complaint this Wednesday morning in Paris for repeated death threats, according to information from Actu17
A judicial investigation was entrusted to the Brigade for the repression of delinquency against the person after death threats against the Sarkozy family . — AFP
An investigation into repeated death threats The meeting with Nicolas Sarkozy and his son Jean was open this Wednesday and entrusted to the Brigade for the repression of delinquency against the person (BRDP), indicated the Paris prosecutor's office, contacted by AFP.
“ We have been informed of a complaint filed this morning at the police station of the 16th arrondissement of Paris, said the prosecution, confirming information from Actu17, which states that the complaint was filed filed through the head of security of the former president.
The complaint relates a threatening phone call made last Sunday at the sister of Nicolas Sarkozy. A stranger allegedly told him “wish the death of Nicolas and Jean Sarkozy, as soon as possible. Let them die. The prosecution did not confirm this. the content of the threatening remarks. In 2012, then President of the Republic, the former leader of the right had already Summer threatened death, by email: a man had been killed. condemned à 500 euros suspended fine.
Judged on appeal in November in the Bygmalion case
Nicolas Sarkozy, aged aged 68, is currently promoting his latest book Le temps des combats. The former head of state must be tried in November on appeal in the Bygmalion case, then at first instance in early 2025 on the heart of suspicions of Libyan financing of his 2007 presidential campaign.
He could also soon be indicted in a new case, suspected of to have endorsed fraudulent maneuvers undertaken by several protagonists to exonerate him in the so-called Libyan financing affair.