New platform option can be used from iPhone, Android or PC
Netflix. (photo: REUTERS/Dado Ruvic)
Any user can now remove or kick someone from a Netflix account without changing their password. A new company announcement confirms the release of an enhancement related to devices and account access.
In this way, any Infobae reader can now remove an unwanted device from an unwanted device in seconds, be it the cell phone of an old friend who, for reasons of life, are no longer. Or even the laptop of a former partner.
The function is called Manage Access and Devices, which in Spanish would be Gestión de Accesos y Devices. This section shows information about the connected devices, what profiles they are using, what they have seen and from where.
Netflix defines this feature as something that gives members “additional control over their account.” For example, they give a hypothetical situation where a family or a person goes on vacation somewhere. Here, a person logs into their Netflix account from a hotel TV. The problem is that “a lot of people forget to log out afterwards.” This feature is intended for those people.
However, by now everyone can understand what this new option will normally be used for: delete members you no longer interact with for a while and at some point you were (or were) given access to our account. Of course, this problem will end when the company expands its password sharing restrictions to the rest of the world, which didn't sit well with a large section of users.
It may interest you:
Step by step to remove someone from a Netflix account
First, it is important to clarify that the Manage Access and Devices feature is compatible with all versions of Netflix. From those that a person uses on a PC or laptop, to those used on iOS or Android cell phones .
If you want to remove someone from your account, follow the path below:
1. Go to Account Settings.
2. Under Security and privacy, find Manage Access and Devices.
3. Then you can see the connected deviceswith a description (Roku, Android, Phone, Chrome PC, Windows 10 and others); as well as the IP address, location, and the date you last saw this device.
To remove someone, all you have to do is click the Logout buttonon the screen of the selected device. Once this is done, Netflix recommends changing the password so they can't access the account again.
This feature is especially useful for those who have subscribed to Netflix's Basic package or the new Basic with Ads service. After all, users on these plans can only access one screen at a time, so if an unwanted user logs in, they won't be able to access that account until that person ends their viewing session.
How to transfer a profile to a new Netflix account
1. Using a web browser, log in to the account that has the profile you want to start a new account with.
2. Visit the Account page. Alternatively, this option can be found in the profile selection dropdown menu on the home page.
3. Select the profile with which you want to create a new account in the Profiles and parental controls section.
4. Choose the Transfer option in the Transfer Profile section. Note: A copy of the profile will remain in the original account.
Profile transfer. (Photo: Netflix)
5. Enter the email address and password you want to use for the new account.
6. Follow the prompts that appear on the screen to complete the account setup.
7. Once the profile transfer is complete, the new account is ready to use.
Continue reading:< /p>