Linda Caicedo ranked second in the voting for Best Soccer Player in the World at the Globe Soccer Awards

Spread the love

The Colombian striker won 32% of the votes in a one-on-one fight with Spain's Alexia Putellas. We will now have to wait for the jury's decision to find out the winner of the award

< /i>

Linda Caicedo ranked second in the voting for Best Soccer Player in the World at the Globe Soccer Awards

The Colombian player was one of the figures of the match against China. Photo: FCF Twitter – Official

Linda CaicedoShe finished second in the votes that seek to elect the Best Soccer Player in the World at the Globe Soccer Awards. This after achieving 31.8% of the votes that were received until Thursday, November 10 at 3 in the afternoon, Colombian time. The Deportivo Cali striker was overtaken by Alexia Putellas, current Ballon d'Or winner and player for FC Barcelona in Spain. The soccer player beat South Americans Yamila Rodríguez and Catarina Macario, as well as England's Lucy Bronze.

The player, for now belonging to Deportivo Cali, must wait for the vote of the jury made up of former soccer players, technical directors and referees, whose decision will have 75% of the evaluation for award the prize. The votes of the fans correspond to the remaining 25%. The panel in charge of giving the name of the winner of the distinction is made up of:

Francesco Totti, Ian Fiebre, Ferran Soriano, Iker Casillas< /b>, Saeed Hareb, Nicola Rizzoli, Augusto Lendoiro, Rob Jansen, Miguel Gil, Luis Figo, Umberto Gandini, Adriano Galiani, Antonio Conte, Mohammed Al Kamali, Enrico Bendoni, Giovanni Branchini, Alexia Putellas, Mahdi Ali, Demetrio Albertini, Mario Gallavotti, Gennaro Gattuso, Marcelo Lippi, Felix Brych, Anderson Luis de Souza, Emilio Butragueño b> and Eric Abidal.

Linda Caicedo ranked second in the voting for Best Soccer Player in the World at the Globe Soccer Awards

Linda Caicedo's voting at the Globes Soccer Awards

The winner for Best Female Player in the World will be announced next November 17 when the 13th edition of the Globe Awards is held Soccer Awards at the Madinat Jumeirah Resort. There she will also shine the name of Luis Díaz, who for his season with Liverpool in England entered the list of the 10 best footballers in the world accompanied by Lionel Messi, Mohamed Salah, Erling Haland, Robert Lewandowski, Karim Benzema, Sadio Mane, Thibaut Courtois, Kylian Mbappé and Cristiano Ronaldo

The 2022 season of Linda Caicedo began with the subtitle with Deportivo Cali in the final won by América de Cali, then he had an important moment in the final of the Women's Copa América that was played in Colombia and that ended with the coffee companies being runner-up after losing 1-0 in the final against their counterpart in Brazil. There, the native of Villa Gorgona was chosen as the best player in the tournament at just 17 years old.

In the Colombia team, her achievements were even more notable during the FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup contest, held in Costa Rica, where they advanced to the quarterfinals after finishing top of Group B with a victory over Germany and two draws against Mexico and New Zealand. In the second phase, they lost by the slightest difference against Brazil.

With the national team, they also played the Under-17 Women's World Cup in which they had their maximum achievement , reaching a final in a tournament organized by FIFA for the first time in the history of the Colombian Football Federation. The rival was Spain and the winner was defined by an own goal at minute 82 of the match. Linda Lizeth Caicedo Alegría won the bronze boot and the silver ball.

On the future of Linda Caicedo, she player confirmed that she wants to reach international football by 2023, “My dream is to be able to go abroad, I hope next year it will happen. I still don't have a clear team, the idea is to continue growing as a footballer and as a person, in the club that allows me to enjoy and be happy”.