Wed. Feb 28th, 2024

An Israeli raid kills three in the West Bank | Middle East, the eternal conflict

Open in full screen mode

The three executed men were affiliated with Hamas and Islamic Jihad.

Agence France-Presse

Israeli forces on Tuesday sent a commando disguised as medical personnel and civilians to a hospital in Jenin, in the occupied West Bank, to execute three men presented as “terrorists”, one of whom is linked to Hamas. /p>

This is the first time since 2015 that Israeli forces have launched this type of operation in a hospital in the West Bank, where tensions are escalating. #x27;intensify against a backdrop of war between Israel and the Palestinian Islamist movement in Gaza.

An AFP journalist saw the bodies of the three men, mourned by relatives, inside the Avicenna hospital in Jenin, a stronghold of Palestinian armed groups. A stretcher, on which a pillow pierced by a bullet was stained with blood, left little doubt about the nature of the operation.

More Far away, a mattress still bore traces of blood, some of which had splattered on the floor and walls.

In a joint statement, the Israeli army, internal security and police said they had jointly neutralized Mohammad Jalamnah, a Hamas terrorist, as well as two other terrorists, Bassel and Ayman Ghazawi.

Middle East, the eternal conflict

Consult the complete file

Middle East, the eternal conflict

Consult the complete file

FollowFollow

Hamas confirmed Jalamnah's affiliation. And Islamic Jihad, another Palestinian Islamist movement, claimed that of the two Ghazawi brothers. The funerals of the latter two were organized at the end of the morning.

A group of members of the occupation forces dressed in civilian clothes entered and murdered the three men with weapons equipped with silencers, Dr Naji Nazzal, medical director of the establishment, told AFP .

The operation took place in the rehabilitation ward on the third floor, where Bassel Ghazawi had been treated since October 25, added the doctor, saying the man couldn't move at all.

On a surveillance video, published by the Palestinian authorities on social networks, a dozen men and women equipped with weapons of war and disguised as medical personnel or in civilian clothes, entered a care unit and target the people present. Some members of the commando, masked, carry a folded wheelchair or a baby seat.

The Palestinian Ministry of Foreign Affairs denounced the heinous murders on amounted to crimes against humanity.

The Palestinian Ministry of Health, for its part, stressed in a press release that hospital establishments were protected by international law.

It urgently calls on the United Nations General Assembly, international institutions and human rights organizations to put an end to the daily chain of crimes committed by the [Israeli] occupation. ] against our people and our health centers.

According to the statement from the Israeli forces, Jalamnah maintained contacts with Hamas command posts in the x27;a foreigner and [had] been injured while trying to plot a car bomb some time ago.

He also allegedly transferred weapons and ammunition to terrorists in order to carry out attacks and planned a raid inspired by the October 7 massacres.

Today- There, Hamas commandos launched a surprise attack against Israel from the Gaza Strip, resulting in the deaths of around 1,140 people on the Israeli side, according to an AFP count based on figures Israeli officials.

In retaliation, Israel vowed to annihilate the Palestinian Islamist movement in power in Gaza since 2007, and launched a vast military operation that left 26,637 dead in this small coastal territory, the vast majority of them women, children and adolescents, according to the Hamas Ministry of Health.

Jalamnah planned to carry out an attack at very short notice and used the hospital to hide, Israeli forces said. They say large numbers of Palestinians wanted by Israel use hospitals as bases to plan terrorist activities and carry out attacks.

Israel has occupied the West Bank since the 1967 Arab-Israeli War. Since October 7, more than 360 people have been killed there by Israeli forces, according to Palestinian authorities. The year 2023 was one of the deadliest in the conflict since 2005 for the territory.

By admin

Related Post