Iran 'strongly' condemns US over cyberattack allegations

Iran 'strongly' condemns US over cyberattack allegations

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Nassel Kanani criticized the United States for making false accusations against some Iranian citizens, he said.

Iran 'strongly' condemns US over cyber attack allegations

Flags from the United States and Iran flying side by side for important talks.Flags from the United States and Iran flying side by side for important talks.

On Wednesday, September 14, the US Department of Justice released indictments accusing three Iranian citizens of exploiting computer vulnerabilities to extort “hundreds” of victims, including those in the UK, Australia, Iran, *Russia and the USA.

This is reported by The Times Of Israel .

Today, Sept. 15, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Nasser Kanani “strongly condemned” US measures against “citizens and companies falsely accused of being involved in cyber attacks.”

“Recourse to unleashing a propaganda campaign … against Iran is part of the failed Iranian-phobic policy of the American government, which, of course, will lead nowhere. The United States, which has previously remained silent on numerous cyber attacks against Iran… and even directly or indirectly supported these attacks, has no right to blame others,” he said.

Earlier we said that Iran signed a memorandum on joining the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.