One of the largest US investment companies Invesco announced the launch of a fund for investments in companies focused on virtual worlds. This was reported by Investment Week.
The size of the Invesco Metaverse Fund was not disclosed. It will focus on seven key areas:
- Next generation operating and computing systems;
- Metaverse access hardware and devices;
- Hypercommunication networks ;
- immersive platforms developed using artificial intelligence;
- means of exchange for interoperability;
- services and assets that contribute to the digitalization of the real economy.
“It is estimated that virtual and augmented reality could grow the global economy by 1.4 trillion pounds by 2030,” said one of the managers structure of Tony Roberts.
In November 2021, Invesco announced the addition of Xetra from the Deutsche Börse structure to the physical backed bitcoin ETP listing.
Earlier, the company refused to launch an exchange-traded fund based on bitcoin futures on the eve of the start of trading of a similar product from ProShares.< /p>
What is the metaverse?
Recall that in May 2022, former Binance top managers Lin Zhang and Wayne Fu created a $100 million multi-strategy fund with a focus on the metaverses.
Read ForkLog bitcoin news on our Telegram — cryptocurrency news, rates and analytics.