In the suburbs, a child swallowed 21 magnets

In the suburbs, a child swallowed 21 magnets

In Pushkino, near Moscow, a 3-year-old boy swallowed 21 magnets. According to the Ministry of Health, the child was taken to a medical facility with abdominal pain, fever, and signs of intestinal obstruction.

In the suburbs, a child swallowed 21 magnets

X-rays made it possible to establish the presence of a metal object in the intestine. The child's health was getting worse, so it was decided to have an urgent operation. During the procedure, signs of diffuse purulent peritonitis were found. 21 magnets were removed from the boy's body, internet sources report, citing the press center of the regional department.

The head of the department of pediatric surgery, Aleksey Gromov, noted that the operation was completed successfully, the child was discharged from the hospital and is already recovering. The surgeon encourages parents to keep small objects out of the reach of children and carefully monitor what is happening to the child.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *