In Indonesia, more than 20 children were injured by lollipops doused with liquid nitrogen

Spread the love

More than 20 children in Indonesia suffered from candy doused with liquid nitrogen

Photo: Pexels< /p>

More than 20 Indonesian children suffered stomach burns and food poisoning after taking part in a TikTok trend in which they were caught on camera eating chi ki gebul – candy soaked in liquid nitrogen, known colloquially as “dragon's breath”, writes The Guardian.

The country's authorities have warned about the dangers of liquid nitrogen in ready-to-eat food.

“Liquid nitrogen makes the snack appear smoky, but if it is applied before the liquid nitrogen evaporates, there is a possibility of burns and intestinal perforation, and in severe cases this can lead to death", – said Griffith University global health security researcher Dicky Budiman.

No deaths were reported, but Indonesian Ministry of Health said about 25 children were affected, with two hospitalized. According to Dicky Budiman , the number of affected children may be much higher.

Prepared by: Sergey Daga 

Previous Article
Next Article

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *