The senior women's team showed sufficient preparation to travel at a high level to the orbital event in Australia and New Zealand. Their only losses of the year came against powerhouses Brazil and the United States
Colombia's second victory over Zambia in friendlies prior to the Fifa Women's World Cup , Australia and New Zealand 2023/(Instagram: fcfseleccioncol)
Colombia once again defeated Zambia on the afternoon of this Tuesday, November 15 at the Pascual Guerrero Olympic Stadium in Cali, after Mayra Ramírez from the leadwill take the determination to collect a maximum penalty at minute 20 of the second international friendly preparatory game for the Fifa Women's World Cup: Australia and New Zealand 2023 against the Africans.
After After goalkeeper Catherine Musonda fouled Elexa Bahr inside the box, the match referee cautioned the Zambian goalkeeper for a mistimed strike-out on the attacker of Deportivo Cali.
The national team in charge of Nelson Abadía managed to prevail thanks to the ability of Mayra Ramírez in set pieces, who without taking so much distance in the collection from twelve steps, shook off a crawling shot cornered and unattackable to the stick in the right hand of the rival goalkeeper, as can be seen in the following repetition to celebrate the only goal of the victory:
The Colombian appeared at minute 20 to carry out a maximum penalty that goalkeeper Catherine Musonda caused in a foul on Elexa Bahr/(Courtesy: Caracol Sports)
These were the starting lists of both teams with a 4- 2-3-1 posed at the Pascual Guerrero Olympic Stadium in Cali:
Colombia – Zambia Live Score
With the fence undefeated since that 0-1 against Brazil in the final of the Conmebol Copa América, the Colombian women's team showed sufficient preparation to travel at a high level to the orbital appointment in Australia and New Zealand next year in the absence of confirmation of next rivals friendlies prior to the matches against South Korea, Germany and Morocco in group H of the competition from July 24 to August 2, 2023:
Standings provided by Sofascore
In addition to the loss against Brazil in the Copa América final 2022 on July 30, the tricolor team could only be defeated by the United States twice (June 25 and 28) with results of 3-0 and 2-0 against North American soil.
Mayra Ramírez's goal on November 15 was enough for Colombia to hold on to the result and win against Zambia in a half-filled Pascual Guerrero on Tuesday afternoon. Mayra played the 90 minutes in the middle of the six variants that Nelson Abadía used in the second game against Zambia.
Since they lost the great continental final against Brazil, the current runners-up of the Conmebol Copa América Femenina have accumulated six consecutive victories within the preparatory framework of international friendly warm-ups to prepare for their participation in the World Cup in Australia and New Zealand to be played on 20 from July to August 20, 2023.
These are the most recent records of the coffee selection from September to November 2022:
*September 3: 1-0 victory against Costa Rica with a penalty goal by Catalina Usme at minute 85.
* September 6: 2-0 victory against Costa Rica with a goal by Catalina Usme at minute 37 and a goal by Linda Caicedoat 71′.
*October 8: 1-0 victory against Paraguay with a goal by Ivonne Chacón at minute 85.
*October 11: 4-0 victory against Paraguay with goals from Ivonne Chacón at minute 3; Manuela Vanegas at 30 '; and a double by Leicy Santos (74′ and 79′).
*November 12: 1-0 victory against Zambia with a goal by Mayra Ramírez at minute 6.
*November 15: 1-0 win against Zambia scored from a penalty by Mayra Ramírez at minute 20.
Colombia have prevailed in each of their previous games by going unbeaten. The work done by Catalina Pérez, Katherine Tapia and Sandra Sepúlveda stood out for not conceding a goal so far against Costa Rica, Paraguay and Zambia.
Among the absences from the current call for Fifa friendlies, Linda Caicedo stands out, which was expected due to her recent participation in the U-17 World Cup, which is added to the U-20 World Cup and the Copa América with the senior team. held in the country, which forces her to take a well-deserved rest. Gisela Robledo does not appear either, due to a cruciate ligament and meniscus injury that has practically ruled her out to participate in the orbital contest.
In the same way, Yoreli Rincón, Natalia Gaitán, Vanessa Córdoba and Isabella Echeverri continue without being called, which prolongs the rumors about a veto on these players for directly facing the Colombian Football Federation in the past in search of better conditions.
The following is the complete list of those called for the double date of friendlies in November:
– Ángela Daniela Barón (University of Arizona – Usa)
– Angie Fabiana Yanten Riascos (Cali America)
– Carolina Arias Vidal (Deportivo Cali)
– Catalina Pérez Jaramillo (Real Betis Balompié – Spain)
– Daniela Alexandra Arias Rojas (Pachuca – Mexico)
– Daniela Montoya Quiroz (Atlético Junior)
– Daniela Caracas González (RCD Espanyol – Spain)
< p class="paragraph">– Diana Carolina Ospina García (Cali America)
– Elexa Marie Bahr (Deportivo Cali)
– Ivonne Chacón (Valencia Féminas C.F. – Spain)
– Jorelyn Daniela Carabalí Martínez (Deportivo Cali)
– Lady Patricia Andrade Rodríguez (Deportivo Cali)
– Leicy María Santos Herrera (Atletico Madrid – Spain)
– Lorena Bedoya Durango (Apollon Limassol – Cyprus)
– Luz Katherine Tapia Ramírez (Santiago Morning – Chile)
– Manuela Pavi Sepúlveda (Deportivo Cali)
– Manuela Vanegas Cataño (Real Sociedad – Spain)
– María Catalina Usme Pineda (Cali America)
– Marcela Restrepo Valencia (Dux Logroño – Spain)
– Mayra Tatiana Ramírez Ramírez (Levante UD – Spain)
– Mónica Ramos Santana (Gremio – Brazil )
– Sandra Milena Sepúlveda Lopera (Hapoel Marmorek Rehovot FC – Israel)
– Yisela Cu this Bejarano (Atlético Mineiro – Brazil)