Preparation: 10 min | Cooking: 80 min
- 1/2 fairly large onion, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- A little olive oil
- 500 g (1 lb) ground beef
- 4 tbsp. sweet chili
- 2 tbsp. 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. grated pure cocoa or cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 2/3 can of tomato puree
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 2/3 can of beans, red or black
- Fresh coriander (or other fresh herbs)
- In a frying pan, brown the onion and garlic over low heat in olive oil. Avoid letting them color for too long.
- In a casserole dish, brown the minced meat in a little olive oil, then salt to taste. Stir regularly. Add the onions and garlic to the meat.
- Add all the spices and cook over low heat for 5 minutes while stirring. Add the tomato puree and beef broth. Adjust seasoning. Cook uncovered and over low heat for 1 hour.
- Add the red beans 15 minutes before the end of cooking. Garnish with cilantro or other fresh herbs and serve.