Bruno Pacheco confirms that illicit payments were made in the promotions of the PNP

Bruno Pacheco confirms that illicit payments were made in the promotions of the PNP

The charges for promotion to PNP generals would have been channeled through Pedro Castillo's bodyguards, PNP non-commissioned officers Jorge Tarrillo Gálvez and Nilo Irigoin Chávez. The amount for promotion was 20,000 dollars, said Palacio's former secretary general. ):quality(75)/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/elcomercio/OFIAZ4KQAFCXPALONNEEUBTS7Q.jpg” media=”(max-width: 360px)”/>

Bruno Pacheco confirms that illicit payments were made in PNP promotions

The president would have personally decided to favor ten generals. The request was channeled through his nephews Fray Vásquez and Gianmarco Castillo and was delivered to former PNP Commander General Javier Gallardo.

One of the statements made by the former Secretary General of the Presidential Office, Bruno Pacheco, that most compromises President Pedro Castillo with acts of corruption is what happened with the promotions to PNP generals that occurred in November of last year. According to sources from El Comercio, Pacheco, as part of his collaboration in the investigations of the Special Team led by the superior prosecutor Marita Barreto, has said that at least ten PNP officers were illegally benefited for promotion. In exchange, each of them would have delivered a payment of USD 20,000 that was channeled through the president's bodyguards, PNP non-commissioned officers Jorge Tarrillo Gálvez and Nilo Irigoin Chávez, nicknamed “the shadows”.

According to Pacheco, who has been available to the prosecution in a safe house since Saturday night, the list of the ten generals was processed by the president's nephews: Fray Vásquez Castillo (currently a fugitive from justice) and Gianmarco Castillo Gomez. All this under the direction of the head of state. The list of names, the former official told prosecutor Barreto's team, was given to the then PNP Commander General Javier Gallardo so that they can be fulfilled immediately.

This is the first statement that confirms what was denounced at the beginning of the year by the former deputy general commander of the PNP Javier Bueno, who said that he was aware that payments were made to people close to Palacio so that they proceeded to promote generals who did not correspond to them. . In November, this newspaper revealed that a group of PNP colonels visited the headquarters of the Executive in the midst of the promotion process and held meetings with Bruno Pacheco and the then Minister of Defense Walter Ayala, as well as PNP Colonel Wilfredo Bernal Rabanal, a native of Chota and a charge of the president's security.

The generals (active today) who visited the Palace were: Manuel Rivera López (Tacna Police Macro Region), Nicasio Zapata Suclupe (Tumbes Police Front), Roger Pérez Figueroa (Tourism Directorate), Enrique Goicochea Chunga (Ucayali Police Macro Region) and Jorge Luis Castillo Vargas (Callao Police Region).

In November last year, 23 officers were promoted to PNP general-at-arms. The resolution was published in the newspaper “El Peruano” on November 20.