British NGO denounces the situation presented with the workers. 

British NGO denounces the situation presented with the workers. 

Qatar has expelled dozens of foreign workers who participated in a protest to claim unpaid wages, less than three months from The World Cup to be held in that country, a British NGO reported on Monday.

Conmebol makes a resounding decision for the qualifiers for the 2026 World Cup Qatar 2022 World Cup: this is the official soundtrack of the tournament

The Qatari authorities, regularly criticized by international organizations for the treatment of hundreds of thousands of workers, mainly from Asia, to build the infrastructure of the World Cup 2022, confirmed the arrests, but refused to say if they had been expelled.

Mass protest of workers

british NGO denounces the situation presented with the workers. 

In a demonstration on August 14, at least 60 workers – some of whom had not been paid for up to seven months – blocked movement outside the Al Bandary company in Doha, Equidem, a rights consultancy, said in a statement. and labor rights based in London.

We have spoken with workers who demonstrated and with one of them who was expelled to Nepal.

“We have spoken with workers who demonstrated and with one of them who was expelled to Nepal. We have confirmed that he had returned to his country and that others from Nepal, Bangladesh, India, Egypt and the Philippines had also been expelled,” the executive director said. of Equidem, Mustafa Qadri.

The Qatari government admitted on Sunday that “a minority” of non-peaceful protesters who had “broken laws” risked “expulsion” from the country.

Jero Freixas left Colombia full of gifts, but forgot the most important thing Gabriel Batistuta suffers: millionaire seized for not paying wealth tax Falcao García is honest: the reason why Colombia did not qualify for the World Cup

Qatar in the crosshairs

British NGO denounces the situation presented with the workers. 

The Ministry of Labor, for its part, declared that it paid the salaries of Al Bandary workers, without giving further details, and that “measures” had been taken against the company, which was already being investigated for non-payment of salaries.

The start of the World Cup is scheduled for November 20. Doha says it has taken measures to improve conditions for foreign workers, such as a minimum wage and a ban on employers preventing their employees from leaving the country or changing jobs.

Human rights groups have asked FIFA to compensate the workers.

AFP

More sports news

Rigoberto Urán takes a breath and shoots : 'On television it looks very nice' VideoCristiano Ronaldo: they reveal an intimidating talk with the mother of an autistic child who was attacked Vuelta a España 2022: this is how the general classification turned out and this is how Colombians go