September 12, 2021 by archyde
Preliminary reportLaLiga is back, as is the Estadio Santiago Bernbaéu. In the first home game in 560 days, Real Madrid will receive Celta Vigo from 9 p.m. and want to stay ahead of the table after the 4th matchday.
Photo: IMAGO / Pressinphoto“> Enlarge
the initial situation
- What applies to the Real Madrid team also applies to the stadium: under renovation. On Sunday evening (9 p.m., in REAL TOTAL-Liveticker and at DAZN) the two royal construction sites are not only brought together, but also prove why they can still keep up – the Spanish championship leader is back at the Estadio Santiago Bernabéu! Moved out a year and a half ago due to the coronavirus in order to give space to the construction work – physically and temporally – the return of the fans has also made the Bernabéu back. Even if the renovation itself will continue until winter 2022, Los Blancos are taking the next step towards normalcy. And that with a team that is getting more and more on track: After a few failures and a difficult, long international break, Carlo Ancelotti has a total of 23 players. Celta Vigo is quite right as a build-up opponent after 21 unbeaten match days (top value in LaLiga): the Galicians last won a league game against the Merengues in 2014, although Ancelotti was on the sidelines back then.
- After the furious end of the season, thanks to which Celta was still eighth in the table, the mood of optimism among the successful coaches was high Eduardo Coudet great. With only one point from the first three matchdays, however, another relegation battle threatens, so the Galicians want to use the rest and time to prepare during the international break (only Brais Méndez was away), as for example the Cádiz FC a year ago, which after the “Parón “Surprisingly beat the unrested hosts 0-1.
Ancelotti shoots against UEFA boss. “Not disappointed” because of Mbappé setback. Continue reading
Personnel and prospective list
- Five failures, including three new but six comebacks, including Luka Modrić and Ferland Mendy, plus one new signing. Of the 23-man squad It is tough and exciting thanks to David Alaba’s failure: What will Real Madrid’s defense look like? Nacho Fernández comes back from an injury, Éder Militão fresh from South America – is that enough for them to start? And on the left, Mendy and Marcelo have finally recovered. Newcomer Eduardo Camavinga is likely to take a seat on the bench for the time being, because Casemiro and Federico Valverde are probably fit after their late return from the national team.
Graph: REAL TOTAL“>
The voices for the game
Carlo Ancelotti (Head Coach): “It is true that it will be very special for everyone because we are returning to our stadium. A stadium that has always helped the team. It is clear that it is going to be special. We have to get the three points, play well, put on a good spectacle. The most important are the three points. “
»Now join the discussion in the REAL TOTAL-Community
Eduardo Coudet (Cheftrainer): “Playing against Real Madrid at home is special, against a good team with a good coach. We try and remember that it will end well for us, for that we have to make a good game ”
Statistics and special
- OVERALL BALANCE SHEET: Favorite scare Celta? That is more true of the other top teams: Real Madrid won six of the last seven league duels, the other ended 2-2. The “Celtiñas” threw Blancos out in the Copa quarter-finals 2017 (1: 2, 2: 2), but Celta’s last victory over Real in the Primera División was a while ago, and Carlo Ancelotti can well remember that through 0-2 defeat on the penultimate matchday in 2014, the championship dream finally fell through. Real won a total of 68 and lost only 32 of the 119 duels, leaving 19 draws with a total of 272: 151 goals.
- BENZEMA: If Karim Benzema scores on Sunday evening, he will definitely be the Frenchman with the most goals for a club. He still shares first place with Roger Courtois, who, like Benzema, netted 281 times from 1933 to 1952, just for Sochaux.
- FIRST HOME GAME: Good or bad omen? Real Madrid have not lost the last 15 home debuts (eleven wins, four draws). But the last defeat in 2005 was against whom? Of course against Celta Vigo (2: 3) …
- BYE: Miguel Baeza was seen as a great midfielder from “La Fábrica”, but in his last debut season the 21-year-old could not really hit. He returns to the place he dreamed of for seven years.
Bernaback! Real Madrid are back but with defensive problems
LaLiga is back, as is the Estadio Santiago Bernbaéu. In the first home game in 560 days, Real Madrid will receive Celta Vigo from 9 p.m. and want to stay ahead of the table after the 4th matchday.
Bernaback! Real Madrid ist zurück, aber mit Abwehrproblemen