The Minister of Culture indicated to the journalists that he is willing to assume what the President of the Republic, Pedro Castillo, decides for him in the Executive Branch .
- National Prosecutor: “I announce the creation of a special team of prosecutors against the corruption of power”
- Pedro Castillo would lead an alleged criminal network of 18 people, according to a report from Congress
The head of Culture indicated to the journalists that he is willing to assume what the President of the Republic, Pedro Castillo, decides for him in the Executive Power. (Photo: Presidency)
The Minister of Culture, Alejandro Salas, referred this Friday, July 1, to the possibility of assuming the portfolio of the Interior, after the censorship of its head, Dimitri Senmache, and said that although they are “ rumours”, is willing to “work for the country”.
Speaking to Canal N from the Government Palace, where attended a meeting with the Prime Minister, Aníbal Torres, indicated that he is willing to assume what the President of the Republic, Pedro Castillo, decides for him.
“These are rumours. Actually I have not been communicated at all about it and I have not had any official version. However, I work for a democratic government and whatever the government determines for me, I am always willing to work for the country. They are rumors that are there, they are rumours”, he expressed.
“I am a democrat and I work in a democratic government. Whatever the President of the Republic decides for me, I am always ready to serve the country”, he added.
Rooms He questioned the decision of Congress to censor Senmache, something he described as “a political sentence”, and referred to the fact that the Executive has been part of a situation in which the ministers have been questioned and censored.< /p>
“The minister did not have a month, he had presented a national policy to be able to establish the issue of citizen insecurity, however he has not even been able to implement it. I think there are things in the country, like citizen security, that they don't expect”, he said.
“However, Congress has again made a determination in this way, the constitutional field, but we do consider that it is a situation that unfortunately is paralyzing a lot of the work of the Executive Branch,” he added.
The Minister of Culture, Alejandro Salas, referred this Friday, July 1, to the possibility of assuming the Interior portfolio, after the censorship of its head, Dimitri Senmache, and said that although they are “rumors”, he is willing to “ work for the country. (Video: Canal N)
Regarding the report of the Congressional Oversight Commission against Castillo Terrones, which recommends denouncing it constitutionally, Alejandro Salas indicated that said working group had already advanced an opinion and it is something that does not surprise them, as is what has been happening with the case of Vice President Dina Boluarte.
“We are acting very quickly and this situation definitely makes us see and find ourselves in a situation where any situation that comes from Congress to the Executive simply prevails votes, objectivity, reasonableness and proportionality do not prevail. We are subjected to that, but we continue to work on the basis of that ”, he sentenced.