The “Azov” brigade of the National Guard ; returned to the front and began carrying out combat missions in the Serebryansk Forestry area, near Kreminnaya in the Luhansk Region.
This was stated during the briefing by the acting director of the deployment planning department of the Main Directorate of the National Guard Mykola Urshalovych, reports Ukrinform.
"Legendary special forces brigade "Azov" recovered and began carrying out combat missions in the Serebryan Forestry area. Warriors of “Azov” reliably hold the occupied lines and inflict devastating losses on the enemy in terms of manpower and equipment,” he said.
According to Urshalovich, on August 15, the artillerymen of this brigade destroyed a Russian BAT-2 mortar and engineer vehicle in the Serebryan Forestry area . He noted that both targets were hit by direct hits.
Urshalovych also reported that in the Berdyansk direction, during the week, mortar units of the National Guard provided support to the Defense Forces during the liberation of the village of Urozhayne in the Donetsk region. Currently, (National Guardsmen – ed.) have entrenched themselves on the achieved lines and are repelling counterattacks by storming groups of the enemy, who are trying to regain their lost position, he said.
On the Melitopol direction, units of the “Offensive Guard” brigades “Spartan” and “Red viburnum” last week continued to develop success as part of the strike groups of the Defense Forces.
"Units of the 15th brigade of the operational assignment "Kara-Dag" improved their tactical position, and also captured a Russian T-72 tank, which was successfully evacuated,” the representative of the National Guard noted.
As reported, on August 4, the Ministry of Internal Affairs announced that the commander of the "Azov" brigade Denis "Radis" Prokopenko already in formation.