Quebecers have managed to save four times more than in the previous year. The current economic break has made it possible to spend less. This is a unique opportunity to invest this money in retirement, a house or the education of his children.
• Read also: Your contribution room is accumulating, you must take advantage of it
• Read also: Use your TFSA as an emergency fund
RRSP, still relevant
The Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) has undergone several changes over the years. Now, you can plan to use the Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) to prepare for financing your children’s education. Homeownership can be achieved through the Home Buyers’ Plan (HBP).
Is an RRSP still the best way to invest your money?
Since its creation in 1957, the RRSP has remained the ideal product for investing your money in an advantageous way while taking advantage of tax savings.
According to Richard Giroux, financial planner at Option-Fortune, “this investment accommodates a variety of products that vary according to investor profiles and individual objectives. The RRSP helps reduce taxes thanks to attractive tax deductions ”.
To allow subscribers of the Newspaper to continue to familiarize ourselves with this type of financial product, we asked our columnists specializing in personal finance to share their knowledge. Their analyzes will allow you to make judicious investments according to your personal and family situation.
Starting today and over the next five Saturdays, we’ll be answering several questions you’ve asked us throughout 2020:
- Is it better to use RRSPs for a down payment on a house?
- What strategies can you use to fill your RRSP as quickly as possible?
- Is an RESP a good investment for you and your children?
- Is there a model portfolio to make your RRSP grow?
And many others…